It’s the things we do together that seem to stay with us longest – exploring new cities, lazy days on a beach or adventuring outdoors. This summer, Four Seasons sets the stage for holidays that everyone can enjoy, with plenty of options to please every member of the family, from kids and teens to parents and grandparents – and why not bring along the cousins too?
Special offers* at participating Four Seasons hotels and resorts around the world this summer include complimentary nights, spending credits, and a host of other extras such as complimentary meals and spa treatments, tours, and toys for the kids. Bookings can be made beginning now for stays from June 15 to September 15, 2013.
What’s more, every Four Seasons offers family-friendly services and amenities to all guests. Kids for All Seasons is a supervised program for children at all Four Seasons resorts and select urban hotels, and many properties offer additional programming such as movie nights, kid-friendly tours and excursions, and professional babysitting services when the adults want some alone time. Many locations also have teen centres stocked with games and movies that host theme parties especially for younger guests. And, Four Seasons invites families to pack light, with baby gear including cribs and strollers loaned at no charge, along with special child-size robes to match Mom’s and Dad’s.
Connecting rooms are often available at a special price, and many resorts also offer residence rentals, giving families their own living spaces for private time spent together, along with multiple bedrooms to accommodate everyone.
Share Travel Experiences with Families Like Yours
Have Family Will Travel, the colourful blog created by Four Seasons, unveiled a fresh new look this spring to showcase real-life travel stories by popular family travel bloggers and Four Seasons staff. New features include theKids’ Concierge, a tool that allows parents to search for stories, tips and destination guides by location, kids’ ages and favoured activities. There’s also a new function that invites families to upload their stories, tips, photos and videos from their own Four Seasons holidays; and the new, user-friendly Parents’ Insider Guides to Family Travel makes searching blog posts by destination a snap.
Inspiring Ideas from Around the World
- Own a Pony for the Day, Plus a Lovable Labrador and Really Fresh Eggs – The most popular staff member at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire is Oliver, a lab who loves nothing more than to go for rambles around the estate and get his picture taken with guests, or even come along when kids head to the chicken coop to collect their own breakfast egg. For children and teens begging parents for a pony, the Hotel offers an experience that teaches young guests how to ride and care of one they can call their own for the day.
- Chill Out Hollywood-Style with “Larry” – The children’s book character (in plush toy form) welcomes kids to Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel, inviting them to play along on his adventures in Los Angeles, and enjoy Larry-themed menus, poolside spa treatments and special treats.
- Explore Malaysian Mangroves – An on-staff naturalist leads a three-hour boat safari of the mangroves, chock full of wildlife wonders. The experience is sure to be a highlight of a family’s stay at Four Seasons Resort Langkawi.
- Dig for Family Roots in the Old Country – Many travellers to Four Seasons Hotel Prague are interested in finding their roots in Eastern Europe, so Hotel staff helps fill in the family tree by connecting guests to local genealogists.
- Explore the Famous Ten Scenes of West Lake – With a guide or using maps created by Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake, families hop on bicycles and tour the region Marco Polo called “heaven on earth,” and see for themselves the historic “ten scenes” first identified during the Qing Dynasty.
- Get Up Close and Personal with Nature – With a wildlife biologist who also happens to be a professional photographer as their guide, families are invited to pile into a luxury SUV and head to the mountains around Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole to see moose, elk, bison, eagles and wolves in a day of adventure no one will forget.
- Now THIS is Room Service! – At Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, the Ice Cream Man brings his trolley of treats to guest rooms for custom made sundaes and cones for the whole family. Over 21? They’ll send up the Martini Man too.
- When I Grow Up, I’m Going to Be an Elephant Researcher – In the jungles of northern Thailand at Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, teens and adults can spend time with local mahouts, learning how to ride and care for rescued elephants and participate in research programs.
- In the Footsteps of Liszt and Bartok – On the banks of the Danube, children can join in classes conducted by local music teachers at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest, who expose a new generation to the wonders of folk and classical music, and opera.
- Consider a Career in Hospitality – At Four Seasons Resorts Lanai, the Hotelier Apprentice Summer Camp gives children a behind-the-scenes look at resort operations and has them participating side-by-side with the team who make it all run smoothly.
- Follow the Adventures of Les Triples au George V – In Paris, Nicole Lambert’s beloved cartoon characters take over Four Seasons Hotel George V in a series of antics depicted on dishes just for children. The family-friendly Hotel staff includes a recreation manager who devises fun things for kids to do in the Hotel and around the city.
- Answer the Call in Dublin – Four Seasons Hotel Dublin is celebrating The Gathering – Ireland 2013 with a special itinerary that allows families to get in touch with their inner Irish.
- Bust a Move in Mauritius – Whether it’s a one-on-one scuba lesson in the plunge pool or a private Creole cooking class, Four Seasons Resort Mauritius can bring just about anything directly to its Deluxe, Grand and Royal Villas. Great idea for families: teens host an en suite dance party while grandparents show off a few moves of their own – disco ball and LED dance floor included.
- Extend a Helping Hand to Other Kids and Families – Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica connects guests with community members in need via the popular Growing Together volunteer program. Guests can help out by providing local families with basic necessities, and bringing backpacks with supplies for schoolchildren. Active families can even lend a hand by painting a local school.
- Pampering and Inner Peace for All – At the Island Spa in at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, children and their parents come together for specially-created interactive rituals that help everyone feel better – physically and spiritually. For those looking for something really special, Four Seasons Explorer is available for private charters, offering the opportunity for a luxe tour of the Maldives for just one family group at a time – along with a full staff to take care of every need and whim.
Get Connected to Four Seasons
Families who love Four Seasons are joining the conversations and sharing their stories on Facebook, Twitter,Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and Weibo. In addition, most Four Seasons hotels and resorts and many Four Seasons restaurants host their own social media pages – visit individual properties on fourseasons.com for links.
*Offers valid on bookings for stays from June 15 to September 15, 2013. Many offers also extend beyond this period – full package terms, conditions and dates are available online.