Any Dream Will Do! A dream will come true for 38 young performers who have been selected as members of the Children’s Chorus in Drayton Entertainment’s eagerly anticipated production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, which will launch the 2017 Season at the Dunfield Theatre Cambridge next week.
As part of the theatre organization’s audience development program, local youth have been cast alongside professional performers in the production, running March 1 through April 2.
“It is our pleasure to showcase the outstanding wealth of young talent in our community,” says Alex Mustakas, Artistic Director of Drayton Entertainment. “We are delighted to give these aspiring performers the chance to be on stage and learn from the professional company.”
Over 80 young performers attended an open call in January. To secure a coveted spot, the hopefuls had to demonstrate excellence in singing and dancing, along with a positive attitude to ensure that they could keep up with the rigours of a professional rehearsal schedule.
Drayton Entertainment is pleased to announce the following children’s chorus members, who are divided into two teams performing on a rotating schedule:
- Maeve Hanlon-Hervey and Liza Semiwolos of Brantford
- Zachary Giardine and Annie Johnson of Burlington
- Julian Bal, Ty Campbell, Angelina Faustino, Grace Gaetan, Holly Nitz, Olivia Nitz, Charleigh Perry, Noranda Rose, Ria Syal, Aja Thompson, Loralei Trafford, Cassie Wilkie, and Tyler Wilkie of Cambridge
- Sophie Albrecht, and Miranda Franceschini of Guelph
- Claire Le Donne of Hamilton
- Lucas Coutts, Justine Howe, Victoria Katumba, Emily Kelly, Braelynn Lackner, Naomi Lofft, and Molly Anne Wright of Kitchener
- Sara Paterson of Princeton,
- Mary-Maria Bourdeau of St Catharines
- Taite Marsden of Stratford
- Tristan McWilliams of Waterford
- Joshua Bakermann, Madison Bakermann, McKenzie Graham, Molly Guse, Alyssa Panda, Lily Villeneuve, and Joe Wildfong of Waterloo
Joseph and Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat tells the biblical story of Joseph, who is sold into slavery by his eleven jealous brothers when their father, Jacob, gives him a dazzling coat of many colours.
Joseph and Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is proudly sponsored by Graham Mathew and GM Bennett. Media Sponsors are Faith FM, KX 94.7 New Country, and FYI Forever Young Information. The Design Sponsors are Conestoga Insurance, Meridian, and Schiedel Construction Inc. The Youth Theatre Education Sponsor is TD. The 2017 Season Media Sponsor is CTV.
Tickets are $46 for Adults and $27 for Youth under 20 years of age. Tickets for groups of 20 or more and selected Discount Dates are $37. HST is applicable to all ticket prices. Tickets may be purchased online at www.draytonentertainment.com, in person at the Box Office, or by calling toll free 1-855-DRAYTON (372-9866).