Christina and I are on our way to the Boots and Hearts Music Festival… (cue music)….ALONE!
You see we are not campers by nature. We are all about hotels, restaurants, and spas. The Boots and Hearts Music Festival is at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park where everyone will be camping and having a good old-fashioned good time. With that said, we’re going to do our best to glamp our way through this country music weekend!
Here are some tips to glam-ify your campsite:
- Get the VIP treatment: You can’t have 5 star camping without a 5 star location! Make sure you plan your trip ahead of time to ensure you get the best spot on the lot, close to things like hot showers and a great view.
- Don’t sacrifice luxury: 36 per cent of Canadians consider a tent to be the most important gear to have on a camping trip and there is no reason why it can’t be fabulous. With the new line of Coleman Instant tents, you can go from package to pitched in 60 seconds or less with enough space for a queen size air mattress and all the duvets you can handle.
- Ambiance is key: Amplify the nature experience with a few items from home like flowers, bedside lighting, tablecloths and linen napkins. You should also bring along a cozy portable chair, a small rug and a tented shade for the ultimate outdoor Zen zone.
- Eat like royalty: Don’t let your dinner suffer just because you’re roughin’ it! Thanks to a little bit of preparation and some great new portable appliances, you can enjoy your gourmet goodies just as you would at home. Take it up a notch and bring along some posh snacks like cheese and crackers and a nice bottle of wine to really wow your campsite guests … and taste buds.
- Deck out your tent: Turn your tent into an outdoor oasis to truly unwind on your glamping retreat. From a collapsible night stand to host your Ipod dock, to those 900-tread count sheets that sooth you to sleep – this is sure to be your classiest camping trip yet.